Saturday, March 04, 2006

Leoncavallo and other stories

The opera was great. I do not fancy opera, I never did. Maybe it is because of my father, that hates it. Maybe is because I cannot understand what they sing in my own language. I found myself reading the subtitles in dutch trying to follow what they were singing. But when Canio started with "Ridi Pagliaccio" I got the shivers running all over me. 2 hours flew away like a "battito di ciglia" and I found myself screaming bravo and clapping hands loud. There is something about doing things for the first time, something incredible that makes you feel like a kid, that makes you open your eyes up wide and capture every little shade, something that deepen your senses, changes your perspective, makes you feel like a virgin.

When I walked out Amsterdam looked even more beautiful. I was in a glorious mood. I met with Nando, Enrichetta and her father again. I was very open to some conversation and we discussed about the opera and Amsterdam and Holland and how good it is to be here.

No comments: